ORANJESTAD — The 2nd edition of the KLM Aruba Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K will be held on the 2nd of June 2019. The Race is AIMS/ IAAF certified and this road race is organized on the highest International level. This time the race is organized with a green focus as all cups at the water stations are 100% sustainable, biodegradable and renewable. There will be bins located at and after each water station.
The course will be cleaned directly after the race. At the restricted finish area there will be “plastic bottles” for each participant and enough bins available. Aruba’s Brenchie’s Lap will recycle all collected cups and give this “plastic” a new life. “For the 2nd edition, we expect to welcome between 2,000 and 2,500 participants of which approximately one-third will come from abroad”, says the organization. The race is organized on an international level (AIMS/IAAF certified) and because of the various distances, accessible for everybody. Primary goal is to make the running event an unforgettable lifetime experience.
Some useful facts are:
- With four (4) distances there is a suitable distance for everyone
- New start and Finish location at Hilton Aruba
- The 5K and 10K is for runners and walkers
- Participation internationally and locally, men and women
- Each participant receives a personal (bib) race number, online time registration, cotton event T-shirt, luxury (new designed bling bling) medal, plenty of water posts including sports drink and fruit
- Everyone who registers and pays before May 10th receives a race/bib number with their name on it (until the limit of 2.000 participants is reached)
- Beautiful course along the spectacular scenery of Aruba
- Free App with ‘Live Track & Trace’. Family and friends can follow each participant
- Free certificate for each participant with their name and distance
- Finish of all distances will be on the beach of Hilton Aruba followed by the Awards ceremony with prizes for the numbers 1 to 3 man/woman and man
- “After party on the Beach”
- DRI-Fit Running shirt, Singlet, Pasta Party, personal finish photo & video are optional
In addition to ensuring a festive and sporting atmosphere, the safety of the participants and the public is of course the highest priority.
For more information check out the website and Facebook page: KLM Aruba Marathon. Q