ORANJESTAD — The Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association has published the latest hotel performance data reporting that in November the occupancy rate was 23.5%, which is a slight increase from October.
- Occupancy: The occupancy rate was 23.5% compared to 83.8% a year ago; a decline of 72%.
- ADR: The average daily rate (for occupied rooms) increased by 9.7% compared to last year, to $258.65.
- RevPAR: The revenue per available room dropped by 69.3% to $60.83.
- Occupancy: The year-to-date average occupancy is 69% lower than last year, reaching a rate of 26.2%.
- RevPAR: The year-to-date revenue per available room, tourism’s primary indicator, dropped by 62.4% to $85.64.
- The total revenue has dropped by 61.4%.
AHATA’s Timeshare properties are experiencing a higher occupancy than the hotels during the recovery of our tourism. In November the average occupancy was 48% and the forecast for November is 57%.
AHATA member hotels: Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, Barceló Aruba, Boardwalk Boutique Hotel, Brickell Bay Beach Club, Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort, Courtyard by Marriott, Divi & Tamarijn All-Inclusive, Eagle Aruba Resort, Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, Hyatt Regency Aruba, Hyatt Place Aruba Airport, Manchebo Beach Resort, Marriott Aruba & Stellaris Casino, Paradera Park, Renaissance Aruba Resort, The Ritz-Carlton Aruba, RIU Palace Aruba, RIU Palace Antillas, Talk of the Town Hotel.
AHATA member timeshares: Divi Aruba Phoenix, Divi Dutch Village, Divi Village Golf, La Cabana, Marriott Ocean Club, Marriott Surf Club.