The Department of Public Health and the Ministry of Health, in cooperation with the Social Security Bank (SVb) and General Health Care Insurance (AZV) organize another Vacunathon (Vaccination Marathon) for all inhabitants of Aruba that are not vaccinated as yet.
The Vacunathon takes place on Sunday, August 22, 2021, at the Ritz Carlton hotel from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. All inhabitants age 12 and older are invited to get their vaccine on this day. Bring your AZV card, or passport if you do not have an AZV card.
Pfizer is the available vaccine because of its high efficacy. People that only got one shot can also get their second shot on this day. However, for this vaccine there is a minimum interval of three weeks between the first and second shot.
Persons that can get the vaccine on Sunday, August 22, 2021, at the Ritz Carlton are:
- Children age 12 -17 years living in Aruba. Their parent must accompany them and must bring with them their AZV card. Persons 12+ registered at the Civil Registry (CENSO) and/ or with an AZV card.
- Immigrants 12 years and older that do not have an AZV card or not registered in the Civil Registry. They must have lived more than six months in Aruba and have proof of it.
- Pregnant women.
- Breastfeeding women.
- Persons that tested positive for COVID-19, 8 eight weeks or more ago.
- Aruban students on vacation or doing an internship in Aruba
- Persons who got their first dose more than three weeks ago.
Please note that the vaccination marathon is not for tourists or children younger than 12 years. Persons that test positive for COVID-19 must wait eight weeks after the lab test to get vaccinated. Do not go to the Vaccination Marathon, if you have symptoms. Please go get a COVID-19 test.
Please make use of this opportunity, especially for our youth that soon will start school. Vaccinate to protect yourself, your family, and your happy island.