Immerse yourself in the unique and diverse landscapes of Aruba’s nature and biodiversity, both on land and in our ocean. For the first time, Foundation Parke Nacional Aruba (FPNA) is hosting a Nature Photography Competition for both professionals and non-professionals.
About the competition
The Nature Photography Competition is organized by FPNA and consists of an Adult Competition open to photographers aged 18 and over, and a Youth Competition open to photographers aged 17 and under. Any contact with the Organizers regarding the Adult Competition or the Youth Competition (unless specified otherwise) should be via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected entries to the Competition may be displayed in an exhibition at the Visitor Center of Arikok (‘the Exhibition’) and/or toured nationally (‘the Touring Exhibition’), featured online, in publicity materials relating to the Competition, Exhibition and Touring Exhibition, or as merchandising according to the terms hereunder.
Foundation Parke Nacional Aruba is a non-profit organization and the revenues generated by the Competition support not only the continued existence of the competition but also the conservation activities.
Conditions of entry to this competition
(1) Entries must be received by 11.30 PM GMT on the evening of Sunday December 6th 2020 (‘the Closing Date’).
(2) The Adult Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over on the Closing Date except individuals (and their partners and family) involved in its organization or judging or employees of the Organizer or any official partners, supporters, or sponsors of the Competition.
The Youth Competition is open to anyone aged 17 or younger on the Closing Date except individuals (and their partners and family) involved in its organization or judging or employees of the Organizer or any official partners, supporters, or sponsors of the Competition.
(3) The entrant must be a local citizen of Aruba.
(4) By entering the Competition, the entrant agrees to maintain the highest standards in all matters relating to the Competition and not to do or say anything that does or might damage the reputation of the Organizer, the Competition, the other entrants, or the official partners, supporters, or sponsors of the Competition, the Exhibition or the Touring Exhibition. The entrant acknowledges that entry into the Competition does not grant any rights in any intellectual property rights of the Competition and/or the Organizer, and agrees not to use any names, logos or other intellectual property rights of any of them or to make any public statement regarding any of them without the prior written consent of the Organizer.
(5) It is the responsibility of each entrant into the Competition to ensure that they have read and will abide by these rules. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the rules, that their entry complies with the rules, and that they will be liable to the Organizer and their licensees in respect of any damages or losses incurred as a breach of the rules by the entrant.
(6) Entrants are not permitted to submit images that:
(i) Have been awarded any prize, recommendation or other award in any competition before November 17th, 2020;
(ii) Feature farm animals, family pets, and/or cultivated or non-native plants;
(iii) Portray captive or restrained animals, animal models, and/or any other animal being exploited for profit unless for the purposes of reporting on a specific issue regarding the treatment of animals by a third party;
(iv) Have been captured using live bait.
(7) Any entry found not to comply with the Rules at any stage of the Competition may be disqualified. The decision of the Organizer on all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding. No negotiation will be considered. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules and to waive breach of the Rules at their sole discretion, acting reasonably. For more information about the competition check the link https://adobe.ly/35EtkFu or o on Facebook Aruba National Park.