The Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association has published the latest hotel performance data reporting that in December the occupancy increased compared to the previous month, however companies that depend on tourism continue to operate at a loss.
- Occupancy: The occupancy rate was 34.9%; a decline of 58% compared to a year ago.
- ADR: The average daily rate (for occupied rooms) decreased by 19% compared to last year, to $276.05
- RevPAR: The revenue per available room dropped by 66% to $96.39.
- Occupancy: The year’s average occupancy is 68% lower than last year, at a rate of 26.9%.
- RevPAR: The year’s revenue per available room, tourism’s primary indicator, dropped by 63% to $86.54.
- Total revenue dropped by 62%.
AHATA’s Timeshare properties experienced a 56% occupancy rate in December and 37% occupancy for the year 2020. The forecast for January is 63%.
AHATA member hotels: Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, Barceló Aruba, Boardwalk Boutique Hotel, Brickell Bay Beach Club, Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort, Courtyard by Marriott, Divi & Tamarijn All-Inclusive, Eagle Aruba Resort, Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, Hyatt Regency Aruba, Hyatt Place Aruba Airport, Manchebo Beach Resort, Marriott Aruba & Stellaris Casino, Paradera Park, Renaissance Aruba Resort, The Ritz-Carlton Aruba, RIU Palace Aruba, RIU Palace Antillas, Talk of the Town Hotel.
AHATA member timeshares: Divi Aruba Phoenix, Divi Dutch Village, Divi Village Golf, La Cabana, Marriott Ocean Club, Marriott Surf Club.